The Society is fortunate to have a Resource Centre to house its extensive and valuable collection of resources pertaining to the area. This Resource Centre is coordinated by Jill Greenhill, the Society’s librarian. The Resource Centre is open to Society members and the public Monday to Friday (10am – 12 noon) (excluding public holidays) and at other times by appointment.
It is located in the Wynnum Community Centre, Room 1.08, 105 Florence Street, Wynnum (just inside the front doors of the old Wynnum Central State School building).
Some of the Society’s holdings include:-
- Queensland Post Office, Trade and Specialist Directories
- Queensland Electoral Rolls 1893-1943
- Queensland Government Gazettes 1859-1918
- Queensland Police Gazettes 1864-1945
- Queensland Education Gazettes 1889-1959
- Aldine History of Queensland 1888
- Queensland Transmissions of Real Estate by Death 1878-1940
There are also many other resources and photographs which the Society has collated and which are available to people researching the Wynnum / Manly / Lota area and its environs.
Under the guidance of the librarian, volunteers from the Society undertake many projects including transcription and indexing of records. Limited research can be carried out upon request for a small donation.
If you are researching a particular topic or family, contact the Librarian (email@example.com) to see if the Society has already compiled information relevant to your request.